Monday, June 3, 2013

When In Rome

It's been a while since I have posted anything, but I feel like I have a good excuse, in that it was my honeymoon, so I wasn't suppsoed to do anything I didn't feel like doing right now.  However, a month later, I suppose it's time to come back to reality.  Plus, I have a million things to share about our most amazing trek through Italy. 
I think the best way to to this is to go through each city, one post at a time.
Rome first, since that's where we flew in to. As I look back at it, I love that city more and more.  Obviously, it was amazing since it was our first stop, and we were all excited and giddy about being in Europe, and NOT in Pittsburgh or at work. ;)


So here it is, Rome through our eyes (with maybe a few words of description).


Our very first food stop in Italy - gelato, of course!  Pistachio was my tried and true favorite.  We did not miss one day of gelato in the entire 2 weeks we were in Italy. It was THAT GOOD.
 
Sitting in the courtyard of our hotel in Rome, we ended our nights with a(nother) bottle of wine next to the fountain.



Italian happy hours are amazing!  Buy one drink, and they offer all you can eat appetizers, including pizza, bruschetta, and so many other yummy foods. It was amazing.  The drinks weren't bad either.....!



And speaking of food, our favorite restaurant of the entire trip (we went twice) was Trattoria Cadorna dal 1947, as noted on the bottle of water here.



A tomato-based farro soup and a pear and walnut salad were the beginnings of our first meal here.

Which was followed by bruschetta with grilled vegetables.  Delicious!!

My spaghetti pomodor was perfecto!
Kevin was very pleased with his gnocchi as well.

And a perfect ending to a perfect meal - tiriamisu and cappucino, on the house from our very nice waiter.

St. Peter's Square, meet Morgan.  Morgan, meet St. Peter's.
 
After a day at the Forum and Colisseum, the Spanish Steps offered a nice spot to rest and people watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment