Monday, December 17, 2012

A Slight Diversion - From Holidays to Favorites

I've been throwing myself into the holidays this month.  Probably because I'm still acclimating to a new city, a new married life, a new job, a new family.....you get the picture. I've been baking almost daily, and in between ovens overheating the kitchen and timers constantly going off, I have been designing and sending out our holiday cards.  This year I splurged and spent a lot more than I normally would on Christmas cards, but it's our first married Christmas and I thought that should get some attention. 
As I designed our holiday cards and ordered them (twice - I ran out the first time and realized I needed double what I had ordered in the first place), it gave me time to go through the wedding pictures from our photographer, Kate McCann.  I've shared a few previously, but here some others, some of my favorites.



Our cakes from Cape May Bakers were absolutely gorgeous - and delicious!


Not only did we have cake, but we had an entire cookie table, which included Terrible Towel cookies, a shout out to Kev's hometown (and now ours) of Pittsburgh!


Our centerpieces were done by our brother-in-law, Dave.  He made these tall ones from hydrangea and branches, and some shorter ones of white roses.

One of our first kisses as husband and wife!

Check out that new bling!
Old age, rocking chairs, and conversation....reminds me of that quote, "Grow old with me, the best is yet to come". Sigh...Swoon....

Another beach shot, playing with shadows
My gorgeous flower girl (and neice), after her spontaneous and hilarious speech at the wedding.

Right after our first dance


Ahhh, how I wish I could do it all over again!! And now that I've had that Christmas Vacation locked-in-the-attic moment, I'll take my leave.  I'll be back soon with more of my holiday baking stories!








No comments:

Post a Comment